We are planning to have a season that includes sweeping in team boats (4s + 8s sweep) and sculling in singles. Due to Covid Restrictions, we will implement very strict policies to ensure this can happen safely. Because of the potential for unexpected disruptions in the season, we will break the season down into two 5 week sessions (3.8-4.9.2021 + 4.12-5.14.21)
Team Boats: $500 for each 5 week Session (3.8.2021-4.9.2021 + 4.12.2021-5.14.2021): Practice daily M-Th (potentially some Fridays for Varsity Rowers) for 2+ hours bw 4-7pm (Exact times will be determined based on numbers (rowers, varsity vs novice, sweepers vs. scullers, etc.). Space may be limited, so please register early. Tuition is non-refundable.
Singles Sculling Sessions: Cost TBD (depending on numbers): Individual or small group Learn-to-Row + Practice Sessions 3-4 days a week (including weekends).
Regattas: If we are able to attend any regattas, there will be additional cost to participants.
New Covid Policies: (These are fluid and may change based on Data & CDC Recommendations)
- Rowers will be required to show a negative Covid test before each session.
- Rowers will be required to fill out daily health checks on TeamSnap before practices.
- Rowers are required to wear a mask at all times and even encouraged to wear two masks (AJR will provide one 3D plastic bracket mask insert to each rower.) Coxswains will wear masks and shields. CDC Mask Guidelines
- Rowers will follow strict rigging and launching protocols (established to maintain social distancing where possible).
- If a rower is exposed or tests positive, their entire boat will have to follow CDC quarantining guidelines.
- Rowers will not be reimbursed for missed practices due to Covid exposure (but we will look for ways to make up for lost time, when applicable.)
Questions: Email Annapolisjuniorrowing1@gmail.com or call 703/408-0493.
Additional Requirements: Rowers will need to have an updated U.S. Rowing Basic Membership. New rowers will be required to take a Swim Test.
Register Here: 2021 Spring Rowing Season Registration.
For more information or if you have questions please email AnnapolisJuniorRowing1@gmail.com.