AJR’s mission is to use the sport of rowing as a vehicle to:
- Teach responsibility, self-discipline, sportsmanship and teamwork;
- Build self-esteem;
- Encourage physical fitness; and
- Pursue excellence in area youth.
AJR serves both competitive rowers and those wanting to learn the sport for recreational purposes, by providing opportunities to foster amateur rowing, including:
- Teaching rowing skills;
- Providing coaching and equipment; and
- Participating in local, national and international youth rowing competitions.
AJR is a tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) corporation organized under the laws of Maryland and is affiliated with the United States Rowing Association (“USRowing”). It is a volunteer, parent-run organization governed by a Board of Directors consisting of parents and other community leaders.