What is Annapolis Junior Rowing About?
Quite simply, rowing changes lives. Annapolis Junior Rowing (AJR) has changed lives!
AJR’s youth rowing program benefits the Greater Annapolis community by providing the only access to the sport of rowing in the Anne Arundel County area. Our rowers come to embrace the mental toughness and teamwork developed on the water and take that with them through high school, college and their adult life.
Why a Capital Campaign?
You can make a difference!
The cost of maintaining and replacing our main equipment such as racing shells, cox boxes and oars increases each year. Our registration fees do not cover these capital expenditures.
Beginning in 2016 and over the next 3 years, our goal is to raise $50,000 to provide competitive level racing shells and daily operating equipment.
This is where you can make a difference. AJR offers a flexible giving program that welcomes a myriad of personalized donations in the form of commemorative naming opportunities and charitable donations. We encourage you to give in a way that will support your charitable goals as well as the AJR rowing program. We ask you show your support in the program that has meant so much to you, our athletes and our community. Your contributions will only be used to support AJR’s current and future capital equipment requirements.
Why Should you participate?
Become part of the AJR legacy.
This is a wonderful opportunity to give in the memory or honor of someone and to be part of the AJR legacy. Share in the pride of knowing you are making a difference in the lives of our children and in the sport of rowing. As a Friend of AJR you are helping to provide AJR with the additional resources needed to inspire and empower our athletes to be successful throughout life.
Friends of AJR gifts are tax deductible as permitted by law.
For additional information regarding donating to Annapolis Junior Rowing Association, Inc., please contact the Team Administrator at email@example.com
- In June of 2016, AJR had their first ever fundraising event. A Wine Tasting Event was held on June 4th. With generous and enthusiastic donors, AJR raised $27,000 for equipment purchases!!!.
- Acquired a new Men’s 8 via lease
- Acquired two used 4 man shells
- Acquired full set of 8 oars
- Acquired 20 erg covers
- In November 2016, AJR held a Chipotle Fundraiser night. AJR raised $544.42 from Chipotle sales. An AJR family offered to match dollar for dollar the amount raised through the event, so the total amount raised was $1,088.84.